Asthma and COPD
Learn about what can trigger an attack, measures to prevent acute episodes and available treatments of these respiratory diseases.
COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) is also known as emphysema or chronic bronchitis. We can diagnose and treat both asthma and COPD with an in-office spirometry. Treatment is personalized for each patient (adults or children) with a goal of controling the disease by minimizing exacerbations, emergency room visits and hospitalizations. Your treatment will consist of:
- Education about the causes and triggers of these lung diseases
- Instruction on the use of a peak flow meter and inhalers, as well as control of triggers
- All recommended immunizations
- Establishing an "action plan" for worsening of symptoms
- Use of a home health agency if necessary to provide a nebulizer for breathing treatments or oxygen therapy